Sunday, October 24, 2004

Dream job!

Yes, there is somebody who has a better job than me. No, I am not talking about being an actuary, which is supposed to be one of the best jobs in the USA (and confirms my general impression about the mental soundness of some people who live in the land of the WWE). The job that I am talking about is that of academics that study video games! The Center for Computer Games Research at Copenhagen's Information Technology University. Yes, they are actually a social science driven project that studies many of the social implications of computer games, and their interaction with fields of study like psychology, film theory, social interaction studies, cognitive science, narrative theory etc. In their words:
"Computer game researchers do not play computer games all the time, but just like film theorists watch films and literary theorists read novels, it is an integral part of the study of computer games to play games yourself and to study how other people play them."

Time to move to Copenhagen?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sign me up as well! I'm already thinking of moving to Aarhus....Copenhagen's not that far off.

Rillion