Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SCRIPTed conference deadline

The hard-working organisers of the excellent and much awaited SCRIPTed conference have written to let me know that there are only a small number of places left, so get thee to the registration page ASAP! The programme is looking extremely good, but I am biased because I am chuffed at being in the last panel with Lilian Edwards and TJ McIntyre.

The keynote speakers are:

  • Professor Bartha Maria Knoppers, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
    “Population Biobanks: International Collaboration and Access”
  • Professor Jon Bing, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
    “The computerisation of legal decisions”
  • Mr Antony Taubman, World Intellectual Property Organization, Geneva, Switzerland (new director of the WTO IP Division)
    “Centripetal and Centrifugal Trends in International Governance of IP”
I'm really looking forward to the event, so much so that I have almost finished my presentation, which is uncharacteristic of me.

There will also be a workshop on software patents / computer implemented inventions the day after the conference, so if you are interested email me to reserve a space.

No comments: