Thursday, August 28, 2008

Internet memes against copyright term extension

I found this wonderful timeline of Internet memes yesterday, so many happy memories of hours wasted in front of a YouTube screen... but I digress. I have been frustrated by the seemingly unstoppable war on evidence waged by copyright policymakers, a frustration made worse by the nagging certainty that there is nothing we can do to stop term extension. However, watching those internet memes got me thinking about the power of the Internets in conveying ideas in a fun and viral manner.

Therefore, I would like to suggest that we unleash the power of memes in service of the copyfight. Do you oppose term extension? Kill a Mentos! Record it, upload it, blog about it, Facebook it, Flickr it, Twitter it.

I'm off to the shops to buy some diet soda and some chalky mint sweets.

No comments: