Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Virtual PowerPoint

I was not present in the virtual presentation in Second Life by Mia Garlick (sorry, Mia Wombat). It was too early on Saturday morning my time, but it seems like it was a fun event. There is a report at the Creative Commons blog and another one here (including pictures of an unidentified alien).

I find the possibilities of using virtual environments to deliver presentations intriguing. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I will deliver a lecture today in a video-conference with Costa Rica to celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day, although I find the video-conference key-note format rather constraining. I like to get feedback from the audience, and I'm not sure if this is possible while faced with a camera and a screen. What would be the effect of going to Second Life and giving the presentation there?

Well, at least they haven't invented virtual tomatoes yet.

No comments: